What is intentional living?
Intentional living means making conscious choices about how you spend your time, energy and recourses.
Instead of coasting through our days without any conscious thought about how we live our lives and the impact this has on not only ourselves but others and the environment; it’s about making choices that add value to our lives.
It is easy to lead a passive life in this fast-paced world; doing what we think we should do, buying what we think we need, achieving what we think we should, but this can lead to discontent and unhappiness.
By making deliberate choices about how we spend our time and money, making changes to our daily habits and thinking patterns we can live more meaningful lives.
Areas of life we can apply this to
- Personal Growth
Why live intentionally?
By making these choices, life is simpler, we have more time, potentially more money, we are healthier and our actions align with our values and beliefs so we feel more connected with ourselves, friends, family and community.
Some things you could do to live more intentionally
- Set intentions each day to be more connected to not only those around us but also our actions and the impacts they have.
- Make time to just be without distractions.
- Invest in experiences over stuff.
- Make conscious choices about the things you do buy, making sure they align with your values.
- Choosing items that don’t have a negative impact on the planet, more plastic free items where you can.
- Invest in yourself, not stuff. Invest in your health.